Outtake from Episode 1. Borrowing a feature from Enneagram 2.0 (Bea and Uranio's podcast), I ask Beatrice and Uranio to name their 'top 5' hallmarks of an effective typing interview and (almost) regret it.
Beatrice's top 5:
5. Ask good questions, and then actually listen to the answers.
4. Be really aware of your own biases. Bea discloses her hilarious self-preservation four bias.
3. Ask good questions and know what questions don’t help you. For example, don’t ask people 'how loyal are you' to get at 6ness. Everyone says they're loyal!
2. Combine humility with experience. Do a lot of practice.
1. Know the Subtypes. Otherwise, you’ll miss the social 7, or the self-preservation 3, etc.
Uranio's top 5:
5. Practice being present and receptive and train yourself to get rid of confirmation bias.
4. Don’t ask rubbish questions. (I've paraphrased).
3. Embrace the Enneagram's complexity. Also, remember that some interviewees might not trust you.
1. Study hard - like Rez - and do lots of typing interviews.