Discernment - barriers and gifts, with Dr Drew Moser
October 25, 2021
Shining bastion of Threeness, Dr Drew Moser (Self-presrvation 3), talks with me about his Enneagram of Discernment framework as set out in his brilliant book, the Enneagram of Discernment.
- Drew's early cynical encounters with the Enneagram and how it became core to his work [4.00]
- Why did he write about discernment [7.27]
- What is discernment ('a gift and a practice') [9.08]
- Major barriers to discernment in Drew's framework [13.00]
- The three territories of discernment: vocation (awareness of our type), wisdom (integrate missing stance/center), practice triads (cultivating sacred pause, sacred delay and sacred vision) [17.00]
- What was difficult about writing the book? [27.50]
- The settling statements from the book (what each type seeks but settles for)[29.50]
- The type-specific editions of the book [37.00]
- A preview of the new season of Fathoms! [38.30]
Drew's 9 questions
- Who am I?
- Why am I here?
- Where am I going?
- What am I doing?
- What am I feeling?
- What am I thinking?
- What am I remembering?
- What am I experiencing?
- What am I anticipating?
Learn more about Drew's work:
Buy the book, The Enneagram of Discernment (Amazon link)
Listen to Fathoms, an Enneagram podcast
Drew's coaching training/website, TypeTrail
Stay connected to the Practical Enneagram:
Email me: email@example.com