The Practical Enneagram
Discernment - barriers and gifts, with Dr Drew Moser
October 25, 2021
Shining bastion of Threeness, Dr Drew Moser (SP3), talks with me about his Enneagram of Discernment framework as set out in his brilliant book, the Enneagram of Discernment.
- Drew's early cynical encounters with the Enneagram and how it became core to his work [4.00]
- Why did he write about discernment [7.27]
- What is discernment ('a gift and a practice') [9.08]
- Major barriers to discernment in Drew's framework [13.00]
- The three territories of discernment: vocation (awareness of our type), wisdom (integrate missing stance/center), practice triads (cultivating sacred pause, sacred delay and sacred vision) [17.00]
- What was difficult about writing the book? [27.50]
- The settling statements from the book (what each type seeks but settles for)[29.50]
- The type-specific editions of the book [37.00]
- A preview of the new season of Fathoms! [38.30]
Drew's 9 questions
- Who am I?
- Why am I here?
- Where am I going?
- What am I doing?
- What am I feeling?
- What am I thinking?
- What am I remembering?
- What am I experiencing?
- What am I anticipating?
Learn more about Drew's work:
Buy the book, The Enneagram of Discernment (Amazon link)
Listen to Fathoms, an Enneagram podcast
Drew's coaching training/website, TypeTrail
Stay connected to the Practical Enneagram:
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org